We’re looking for a new teammate to join us on the journey of keeping HelloFresh a trusted name as the #1 meal-kit delivery company in 15+ countries.
The Associate Director PO Security role in the security team is customised to tailor fit HelloFresh’s engineering needs. In this role, you are expected to champion the end-user perspective for the solutions developed by the security engineering function for the rest of the company. You will set up the vision, mission and strategy of product ownership in Security.
The objective of this role is to derive and define technical product requirements from business needs and break them down into incremental deliveries such as epics and stories, prioritising the backlog aligning with the stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Partner with engineers in defining initiatives and solutions, and resolving scope-related trade-offs.
- Shape various HelloSec products and services from inception to delivery by aligning with the relevant stakeholders.
- Create both the long term strategy and short term technology roadmap for your team, align this with the overall company strategy as well as with the priorities from business domains and the general IT Security team.
- Set-up and analyse A/B tests for new experimental features and business opportunities
- Manage complex projects involving other departments and position yourself as expert interface in your domain for the other teams
- Play a key role in sharing knowledge within the Security team.
- Spread best practices for general Product Management as well as specific to Security within our tribe and across the organisation
- Maintain accurate documentation of features to be developed while maintaining live progress dashboards.
- Take a data driven approach to evaluate metrics and KPIs to drive decision making.
What you’ll bring
- Solid experience in a product development role and leading a cross-functional team in an agile environment
- Ability to accurately road-mapping vision for products and services.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills that can break down complex concepts and adapt communication to different audiences
- A security-centric mindset and the ability to understand, analyse and translate security challenges into actionable roadmaps.
- Experience with UML-based software design and Atlassian products.
- Knowledge of industry-standard Information Security frameworks, policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with technical concepts such as REST, Cloud, Microservices,Kubernetes, APIs, Github, WAF, OWASP, and agile software development life-cycle.
- At least 2 years of experience in management of other other product owners
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.