We’re looking for a new teammate to join us on the journey of keeping HelloFresh a trusted name - someone with a passion for security and appetite for new challenges. Security Engineers work in a variety of ways to constantly iterate and improve HelloFresh’s security posture.
This role aims to improve the HelloFresh Security Logging & Monitoring Program by maturing the tools, processes and playbooks to reduce dwell time, indicators of which would be lowered MTTD&R.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for maturing logging and monitoring of Cloud, IT and Application workloads through automation and IaC
- Filter, ingest and optimize security-specific events from large log streams such as App logs, Kubernetes logs, CloudTrail, CloudFlare and ELB logs etc.
- Conduct threat hunts against file-less malware and APTs by leveraging OS and network telemetry acquired through specialized open-source toolset like Sysmon, Osquery, RITA and Zeek
- Develop advanced correlation and cross-correlation rules beyond what is available out of the box to detect sophisticated attacks and fraud cases
- Generate security metrics and reporting on incidents and effectiveness of the SOC operation
- Lead efficient Incident Detection and Response in AWS cloud and enterprise IT environments
- Mentor level (L1) SOC team, conduct purple teaming workshops and participate in CTFs
What you’ll bring
- 4+ year of security monitoring experience and incident response activities
- Excellent programming (automation) skill with Python / Go
- Experience with cloud SIEM & SOAR platforms, DDos mitigation and preventing tools and Layer-7 Web-based perimeter security controls
- Understanding of network intrusion methods, network containment, segregation techniques and technologies such as Sandboxes and Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (ID/PS)
- Ability to analyze desperate log sources on demand and cut noise from the signal
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Command over log analysis stacks like ElasticSearch, Splunk/SumoLogic, Graylog
- Open to working on-call in rotational shifts
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.