Here at HelloFresh, we’re passionate about bringing dinner inspiration to everyday Australians. With 9 years of service under our belt, we are the market leader in the growing world of meal kit delivery services, operating in 15 diﬀerent countries.
As we continue to deliver fresh, seasonal ingredients and delicious, wholesome recipes to our customers, we see our inspired community of empowered home-cooks continue to grow, and you could be a part of it!
Are you energetic and motivated with a team focus? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth environment? If you're looking for a role that lets you make an impact every single day, we'd love to hear from you.
Based in our Chippendale Head Oﬀice and reporting to the Head of Food Safety & Quality Assurance ANZ, we are looking for a FSQA Manager to join our growing team.
We are looking for an ambitious and high-spirited professional with both the quantitative and qualitative analytical background to oversee food business compliance, optimize upstream supply chain operations and ensure that our suppliers and delivered ingredients meet a certain threshold of acceptability.
- Organise the work of the FSQA Upstream team in alignment with the business objectives,
- Manage the performance of the FSQA upstream team members, ensuring they are in the best possible conditions to duly meet their objectives (incl. assessing and reinforcing their technical knowledge and abilities via internal or external trainings),
- Organise supplier audits and visits based on supplier risk assessment done in coordination with the procurement team,
- Provide technical guidance and support both NPD and Operational business projects ensuring quality and food safety risks are properly identified and assessed,
- Manage and further develop the HelloFresh International Supplier Approval Process, including supplier onboarding, risk allocation and audit standard development when required,
- Monitor suppliers performance and compliance with mandatory standards and policies, identifying and assessing risks, conducting audits when required and putting in place corrective actions to ensure continuous improvement and supply base risk reduction across all product categories,
- Manage and lead improvements to the supplier and ingredient approval processes, including assessment of quality documentation such as product specification or Shelf Life Validation results for all product categories, ensuring operational eﬀiciency and that quality and food safety risks are properly assessed,
- Monitor supplier and SKU documentation to ensure and maintain compliance with HelloFresh standards, coordinate processes and system improvements to ensure eﬀicient database management use and maintenance,
- Support in the rollout of consistent intake quality control checks and processes at HelloFresh distribution centers,
- Provide technical guidance and support to the HelloFresh distribution center teams on the handling and storage of the delivered goods,
- Contribute to the development of new tools, local guidelines, processes or centralized policies with International Food Safety & Quality Assurance team stakeholders and implement them in the local industry context, engaging with internal and external stakeholders where appropriate,
- Lead the analysis product test results and provide stakeholders with interpretation and decision,
- Build eﬀective relationships with relevant internal (both local and global) and external stakeholders,
- Partner with the local procurement team on strategic projects, ensuring suppliers selected have the right food safety and quality level, the right cultural requirements, reducing supply base risk,
- Collaborate with the Operations team to deliver on key performance metrics,
- Work with the international Development teams on strategic projects, ensuring food safety and quality risks are identified and considered at key stages,
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and coordinate sharing of information and best practice across geographies,
- Have a Quality and/or a Food Technology/Science background,
- 5+ years of experience in a FMCG business in a similar role,
- Team management experience,
- Extensive knowledge in food safety systems including HACCP and GFSI standards requirements and a good knowledge of government food regulations in ANZ,
- Internal and external auditing experience, ideally working in a GFSI certified environment, as well as experience managing a broad range of suppliers,
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and organizational skills to manage multiple priorities,
- Excellent quantitative and analytical experience, with advanced Gsuite and MSsuite skills.
- An exceptional written and verbal communicator, and are able to tailor your communication style and content to varied stakeholders,
- Highly organised with a supreme attention to detail,
- Energetic, enthusiastic, committed and with a can-do flexible attitude,
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and think beyond the scope of a given assignment,
- Comfortable working in an autonomous way but also at ease when contributing in a cross-functional team environment,
- A role-model of our HelloFresh values and the Food Safety & Quality Assurance vision.
What you’ll get in return…
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing global technology companies in an exciting growth phase,
- 70% discount oﬀ HelloFresh boxes,
- Flat hierarchies, constant learning with room for personal growth,
- Free access to Headspace,
- HelloFresh Academies - monthly internal learning & development,
- A diverse and vibrant international environment, with oﬀices in 15 countries.
Start Date: Immediately Available - willing to wait a notice period for the right applicant
Duration: Full time role. You must have the right to work full-time in Australia
Location: Chippendale Head Oﬀice, NSW - currently partly working from home
We are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other legally protected status.
To put it simply, everyone is welcome at our table.